Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thankful on a Thursday

The munchkins are finally asleep and the house is quiet except for the sound of my fingers hitting the keys. It's been a busy week and I welcome these quiet, relaxing nights. It feels peaceful and I am content.  

As I enjoy these moments of rest amidst otherwise busy days, I am reminded of the many blessings this week has brought and all that I am thankful for on this final Thursday of April:
  1. Spending the evening catching up with one of my very best friends over a delicious dinner.  We have known each other for nearly two decades and we've seen each other through the ups and downs of life: new found love and heart wrenching break ups; marriages and divorce; new life and death. We've laughed so hard we've cried and we've cried so hard we thought we might not stop. Her friendship is truly a blessing and I'm really thankful for the time we get to spend together.
    [Germany, June '05 - We've come along way since those beer stein days :-)] 
  2. Sunday family dinner. My dad, sister and I spent time in the kitchen together, catching up on the week and sharing the good and the bad. We laugh with each other and at each other, but it's always in the safety of knowing we are each loved exactly as we are. And no matter where we live, it always feels like home. 
  3. My dad has made a point of bringing us together just about every week and I'm thankful that he is so committed to our family. I couldn't ask for a more supportive and loving father.
  4. A very successful work meeting that left me feeling confident and ready to tackle another task!

No comments:

Post a Comment