Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Endings and Beginnings


I stand with my back to the door now closed, both in anticipation of what lies ahead and a final goodbye to what once was.  I am thankful that in and through all things God is working. I trust that God is good and I know that he loves me. And even when I don't understand what he is doing, he patiently and lovingly understands my questions and doubts, allowing me to lay them at his feet.

I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that as I enter each new chapter of my life, I am doing it in the arms of the one who "can do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine."

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. 
Wisely improve the present. It is thine.
Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


1 comment:

  1. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

    ReplyDelete