Wednesday, May 1, 2013

There is No One "Youer than You"

I love music, I mean really love it. I am always singing or dancing along to some song, whether in the car, cleaning the house, in the shower or just have a few minutes to myself. There is something about the power of music that can speak to my very soul and I have been filled with joy or brought to tears countless times, all because of the lyrics, melody and rhythm of a particular song.

(c) FreeFoto.com

I believe that God has blessed some people with the unique ability to create music that touches people and allows them to view glimpses of His love, promises and grace.  I will freely admit - despite the fact that my little ones love me to sing to them before bed - that I am not one of the fortunate few who have been given the gift of music.

But oh If I could wake up tomorrow morning with any amazing talent of my choice, it would definitely be the ability to sing and write music. To have that awe-inspiring voice; the voice that fills up arenas, sells out records, and touches hearts. At times I've found myself day dreaming of the ways in which I could serve the Lord if only He had created me with the ability to sing.

Lately though, as I figure out what I really want to be when I grow up (because I still refuse to believe I'm completely grown up yet), I've been thinking a lot about the gifts God has instilled in me and how He can use me. I may not have a future in the music industry, but that doesn't diminish God's desire to work through me.

I am beginning to discover what makes me feel most alive, what brings me joy and what sets my heart ablaze, and I believe that it is in these areas that I can best be God's hands, feet and heart to those around me.  I think that Dr. Seuss sums it up quite nicely:

"Today you are you, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is youer than you."

God made me exactly the way I am with a purpose in mind, just as He did with you. I may not have a singing voice that will make me famous, but I have been created with a set of talents and abilities that are completely unique to me and that I can use to bless others.

So what wakes up your soul? What are those desires and talents that God has placed inside you that are to be used for His glory?

1 comment:

  1. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:1).

    ReplyDelete