Tuesday, April 9, 2013

You Are Here

I received an email newsletter this morning from the writer of one of my favorite blogs, Chatting at the Sky. Her blog is so encouraging and actually part of what motivated me to start my own. Today's newsletter focused on being courageous by admitting where you are at right now.

She writes, "when I'm honest about where I am, it loosens me up to receive grace and in turn, to give it." That Emily is one smart woman!

So I've been thinking a lot on this today; letting it sit, resonate and sink in. Where am I at right now?

I feel like I've been in a place of transition for a long time. At times I feel like I am in between identities; learning to let go of who I once was and not yet sure who I will become.

But I'm learning instead of trying to figure out who I will be one day or where this is all headed, I need to embrace who I am and where I am at today. I need to delight in what God is doing in me right now.  I need to find rest and courage in the knowledge that He purposefully designed me with qualities and quirks that will be used for His glory.

And maybe I even need to offer myself a bit of grace for not yet knowing how that will all look in the end and for making a few mistakes along the way.


I don't know what lies ahead or what I may encounter along the way. But I'm learning that is okay, because I am loved deeply by the One who is in control and does know how this all turns out. 

Where are you at today?

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah 29:11 says it best:
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete