Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sun-Kissed Cheeks and the Golden Hour

Summer officially begins tomorrow; but in our home summer began last Friday with the final day of school for my oldest.  I absolutely love summertime; the warm weather, long days, weekends at the pool, the little ones' cheeks tanned and kissed by the sun.

We are now reveling in the evenings filled with movies, reading, playing, walks to the park and more importantly, those not filled with homework! Can I get a collective sigh of relief, because I think we all as parents recognize that it's homework for us too.

This evening after dinner we walked down to the park below our place and the kids ran off some of their excess energy. I love this last hour of the evening before the sun sets, "the golden hour." The lighting is beautiful, casting a warm glow over everything.

In this last hour of sunlight, I can't help but see the beauty in God's creation and feel that peace of recognizing everything is going to be alright.  I imagine heaven to always have this same lovely glow that is cast during the golden hour.

(Taking pictures of these two holding hands is one of my favorite shots to get)

I watched my two walk hand in hand ahead of me. Their care and love for each other never ceases to make me smile. These two small ones always remind me of what I have to be thankful for. So on this last Thursday before summer, these are a few of my blessings:
  1. My kiddos and how close they are to each other.
  2. Summer days filled with laughter, fun and warm weather.
  3. Little ones' skin kissed by the sun, evidence of carefree days spent playing and enjoying life.
  4. A break from homework for a few months, woohoo! (I'm not sure who's more excited in this house, me or the little man).
What are you thankful for as you gear up for summer?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment