Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's Been A Little While

Life has seemed a bit on overdrive the last few weeks: little ones sick, work, preparing to move, end of the school year, celebrations, birthdays, and the list goes on and on.

I fall into bed most nights exhausted and it feels as if I have only just closed my eyes when the alarm goes off the next morning. In the chaos of these few weeks, I've noticed it's been far too easy to let the important things that keep me spiritually grounded fall to the way side. It's also been a bit too easy to begin to feel overwhelmed and stressed by everything going on.

Today has been another day where the hours feel like they are running by me and I cannot keep up. I told myself it will have to be another day where I'm not going to blog or write - I just don't have the time or the energy to think.

But the thing that keeps coming back to me is that even in the midst of the whirlwind of life, I have so much to be thankful for, and today on this Thursday I need to pause and remember that.

I am thankful for God's patience and grace. I am thankful for His loving kindness even when I have taken my eyes off of Him and allowed the worries of the day to fill my thoughts instead.

I am thankful for friends and family. I am thankful for my two little ones, who even when sick or whiny or throwing a tantrum, delight my heart. I am thankful for those who are willing to take time out of their day to help me out with things like moving or watching the kids.

I am thankful that God's mercies are new every morning and that He loves me.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to take time to be thankful....Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete