Sometimes I am running from one thing to the next, attempting to get everything done, and in the hurry I can lose sight of all of the little things that I have to be thankful for. Attempting to jam pack as much as possible into these past few days has made this week feel a bit like that.
So this afternoon I am focusing on those things I can often overlook in the rush and I am feeling very grateful for the blessings found in the small stuff:
- The smell of vanilla flavored coffee wafting through the kitchen as it percolates in the coffee pot.
- Rain drops gathering on small purple petals.
- Lungs burning as I hike, reminding me I'm alive and breathing.
- Vibrant reds, golden yellows and soft oranges splashed across the sky as the sun sets on another lovely Sunday.
- The sound of laughter, the smell of pancakes cooking, the sweet taste of perfectly ripened fruit coming together to create a picture of friends enjoying each other's company.
- The warmth of a soft blanket as I curl up with a good book.
- The kindness of neighbors to take time out of their own busy day to help me out of a car jam.
- Enjoying a scoop of delicious ice cream with the little ones on a hot Saturday evening.