Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Welcome Rain and Healing

I wake up to the sound of rain drumming it's beautiful beat on the windows. It's a welcome sound that we've been far too long without. I snuggle deeper into my warm comforter and listen to the soft sound that breaks the quiet of my home.


These quiet mornings are a rare gift, and I lift a prayer of thanks. I'm learning to love the stillness and rest that haven't always come natural to me. I fill my hours, my days, my time and my mind. At times out of the simple enjoyment of friendship, community, and exploring, and at times because I avoid being alone with the hard thoughts. In these past years of pain and loss, there has been sadness and hurt that I can try hard to avoid.

But I am learning the joy and peace that can only be found in the stillness, in the quiet times with the Lord. He beckons me to rest in Him, to let it go and let Him restore, revive and heal the broken places I want to hide from others and more honestly, from myself.  There is no loss or hurt too big that God cannot redeem. I only need to be afraid of facing the broken places if I didn't believe in a God who is able to do exceedingly more than I could imagine.

And I do believe in the God who is bigger than anything I face, the God who is in the business of healing, and the God who's very being is love.


As I listen to the rain, I feel the familiar tug of hope and joy on my heart. I am reminded how God's grace makes all things new. Just as the rain outside washes away the dirt and brings life, His love and grace wash clean the stains life has left on our hearts and makes all things new.

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

He makes all things new. All He asks of me is to trust and love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment