Thursday, November 5, 2015

I Will Trust in You


There are moments where I need God to show up in a special way, to speak to my heart like only He can do. In these instances, sometimes I play a Russian roulette game with my music playlist on shuffle. I'll ask God to choose songs for me that I need to hear. Now, I'm not sure if this is a biblically-rooted request on my part. But I do know that God sees my heart and desire to be comforted by Him instead of things of this world, and that He loves me.

So I made my request for Him to speak to my heart. And through the melody and words that statically played through my little iPhone speaker, the Lord reminded me of His truth and character. Through tears and thanksgiving, I sang along with the artist and offered up her words as my own prayer in response to His love.

Here are the words He spoke to my heart through the lovely voice of Lauren Daigle:

"Trust In You"

Letting go of every single dream
I lay each one down at Your feet
Every moment of my wandering
Never changes what You see

I’ve tried to win this war I confess
My hands are weary I need Your rest
Mighty Warrior, King of the fight
No matter what I face, You’re by my side

When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move
When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings
There’s not a day ahead You have not seen
So, in all things be my life and breath
I want what You want Lord and nothing less

You are my strength and comfort
You are my steady hand
You are my firm foundation; the rock on which I stand

Your ways are always higher
Your plans are always good
There’s not a place where I’ll go, You’ve not already stood

I struggle with wanting things my way, as I'm sure many of us do. Yet I've learned (and I'm still learning) that God's way is always better. I can waste too much time fighting against it or trying to forcibly control the outcome, but it never works. Instead, it often causes unnecessary pain for me and others.

Thankfully, through His infinite grace, the Lord always shows me that allowing Him to work out His plans for my life is the best option. He does know what lies ahead and He has good plans. I can trust Him with my life and all of my dreams for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment