Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Month of Thankfulness

Last week my littlest asked if Halloween was over now and when I said yes, she excitedly yelled "Christmas time!!" The holiday catalogues have arrived and my munchkins are excitedly thinking about their lists and trees and all the fun. And I get it. I absolutely love Christmas time and am already thinking about decorations and doing my shopping.

But what about Thanksgiving, this holiday smack dab in the middle of candy-crazed Halloween and bedazzled Christmas?  There are no goodies, no gifts and no real marketing value, so it often serves as only a stepping stone to the next big thing.


But Thanksgiving is important; even imperative. Can we enter this month of November, marked by shortened days, long nights, cold weather and dying leaves, with grateful hearts? Can we be looking for all of the little blessings that can be hard to see in the busyness of the every day?



In this season of hurry and full schedules, I want to pause to remember the blessings and the goodness. I want to search for the light that can be seen in even the darkest of nights. Because it is in thankfulness that we can find fullness of joy.


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." Psalm 28:7


No comments:

Post a Comment