Friday, July 5, 2013

Soaking Up the Sun and the Freedom


Yesterday we celebrated the 4th of July. We soaked up the sun; delighting in the hot weather and cherishing the time with dear friends.  We splashed in the pool, enjoyed delicious food fresh off of the BBQ and played hard until the little ones finally crashed from exhaustion. There were wrinkled toes and fingers from hours spent in the pool. There were sticky, chocolate smeared smiles enjoying ice cream cones. There was laughter and contentment. There was the comfort of being exactly who you are with friends you've known since childhood and the fun of meeting new people.

It was a day filled with happy moments and an overall sense of delight. A day of celebration of the freedom we can so often taken for granted.

It is also a reminder for me of the freedom I have in Christ and for that I am truly thankful. So while today is Friday and Thursday just flew by from start to finish; I am taking a moment to be thankful for the freedoms I am offered in my savior:
  1. The freedom to enjoy my life right now, as it is, knowing that He is in control.
  2. The freedom of not facing my fears alone and a God who replaces them with trust and faith.
  3. Freedom from my past mistakes.
  4. Freedom to change who I am and to become the woman He designed me to be through His continual work in me.
  5. The freedom of knowing that my future is already determined.
  6. Freedom to be comfortable in my own skin, knowing that I was designed with a purpose.
  7. Freedom from worry.
I am constantly reminded that because of what He did for me; there is freedom and joy in this life as I surrender it all to Him.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment