Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Trust Without Borders

Last week I shared a song by Hillsong United that speaks to me on a deep level. It is still filtering through my play list often, and every time it resonates at the soul level and I feel God drawing me closer.

I've let this particular line "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders," linger and circle through my mind often during the past week. I've asked myself what does it mean to trust Him with everything, no borders or hedges around certain areas of my life that I still try to control without His help and guidance.

Am I allowing the Spirit to lead me to a deeper place of trust? Am I trusting God with EVERY area, or am I still harboring particular areas for safe keeping because deep down I think I know how to handle those areas better than He does or I'm afraid of what He might call me to do?


This morning's Jesus Calling devotional was perfectly timed for these things I've been working through:

"Pour all of your energy intro trusting me. It is through trust that you stay connected to Me, aware of My Presence. Every step on your life-journey can be a step of faith. Baby steps of trusts are simple for you; you can take them with almost unconscious ease. Giant steps are another matter altogether: leaping across chasms in semidarkness, scaling cliffs of uncertainty, trudging through the valley of the shadow of death. These feats require sheer concentration, as well as utter commitment to Me."

So I've been praying daily that the Holy Spirit will help me live a life of trust and that I will learn to trust Him without borders. I will admit that while I am excited about what this will look like in my life and the work He is doing on my heart; I'm also a bit afraid of what this will require of me. But that's part of what faith is, right? It's not saying that I'm not afraid, but it's taking each step forward in spite of the fear and saying, "Lord I know you have this."

No comments:

Post a Comment