Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Being Able to Notice


Slow Down Challenge Day 1 - Notice:  "Take time to notice the things that other people are overlooking. Find a way to interrupt your busy schedule and enjoy what's right in front of you. . . These are not distractions from life; they are life itself."

The day had been long, I was tired and the past week and a half have been a bit rough and stressful.  Driving home, no part of me whatsoever wanted to go for a run or do anything other than sit on my butt for the next hour before my plans for the evening.

But knowing that I am doing this challenge and having promised myself that I will do what it takes to work through stress in a healthy way; I made myself get outside.  I put in my earphones, turned on worship music and began putting foot to pavement.

When I reached the Crow Canyon creek and gardens, there was no one else around so I decided to slow down and soak it all in.

It was quiet except for the warm breeze that rustled the trees and the music coming through my earphones.  Hillsong's Desert Song played:

All of my life, in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship.

As I listened to the lyrics, I felt deeply content and hopeful. I was thankful for the time alone and in that time to myself I could once again recognize I am never doing this life on my own.

1 comment:

  1. awesome...
    It's like my rides, I never want to go, but am always glad that I went.

    ReplyDelete