Thursday, December 19, 2013

Never Letting Go

 
No shadow comes without the light making a way
No raging storm can ever defy one word of faith
My heart remains sure in the wind, sure in the waves
 
You are the anchor for my soul
You won't let go
You won't let go
No matter what may come I know
You won't let go
You won't let go
 
No valley low, changes the truth
So I'm not afraid
You hold me close
You lead me through and light up the way
~Michael W. Smith, You Won't Let Go
 
I've been making a conscious effort this Christmas season to be aware and full of the Lord's Spirit as I prepare for celebrating his birth. I won't pretend that there haven't been moments during the past few weeks where this resolution of mine is put to the test.

There have been many reminders during this time though that show me He never lets go.  In His love for me, He has blessed me with a song, a wise word, or a perfectly timed Bible verse that shows He is here and He is enough. In the thick of it, it can be tough to feel that. Yet I'm learning that no matter what I feel in the moment, I know what is truth and that truth doesn't change.

So whether it is in the mountain top moments or the valley low moments - I know the truth, and that truth will set me free:

I know that nothing can separate me from God's love. Romans 8:38-39

I know that His joy is strength.  Nehemiah 8:10

I know that if I search for Him, I will find Him. Deuteronomy 4:29b

I know that His very breath courses through me, giving new life. Ezekiel 37:5

I know that the Lord stands with me. 2 Timothy 4:17

I know that He delights in me and with His love, He will calm all of my fears. Zephaniah 3:17 

May you too during this holiday season and in the new year to come, remember these truths and find comfort in His love for us. May He be the anchor for your soul and may you rest in the fact that He will never let go of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment